The Balancing Act: Healthy Eating, Exercise, and a Little Indulgence Too!
There are special occasions when we want to indulge, it’s hard to eat healthy all the time when traveling. You know the drill. We do our best. And I don’t believe in punishing ourselves for enjoying a treat now and then.
What I’m a big proponent of is eating healthy as much as possible and participating in a regular exercise routine. That looks different for all of us with our varied interests, schedules, time constraints, and lifestyles. There’s nothing that will help boost your metabolism more than exercising and building up muscle. So when we’re talking about boosting up your metabolism, exercise goes hand in hand with healthy eating. Certain foods have fat-burning and metabolism-boosting abilities and adding them into your diet can help magnify weight-loss efforts.
Make fat cry by adding this fat burning smoothie into your day. The natural ingredients are paired together to help boost your metabolism and burn fat in one delicious drink.
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1 cup brewed green tea (cooled)
- 1 large grapefruit (peeled and seeded)
- 2 cups pineapple chunks (frozen)
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- Place spinach, mint, celery, and green tea into the blender.
- Puree until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Blend again.
- The pith and peel of the grapefruit are extremely bitter but are beneficial in small amounts. To lessen the bitterness of the grapefruit, remove the fruit from the inner membranes as well as peeling before using.