As we reflect on our clothing journey for 2023 and yes it is a journey because you will never know what you will find hidden in your closet or perhaps when you explore the online shopping community or your nearest favorite clothing store. Here at Verte Mode, we think it is always helpful to think about clothing that is sustainable because it reduces the impact on the environment. It also means that we are mindful of the people who work to produce the clothes that we wear. We made it easy for you to shop ethically and environmentally friendly clothing with our top 15 brands. Check them out below and we wish you a happy shopping journey!
- Verte Mode-If you love maxi skirts, well this stylish blue denim skirt may just be the right one for you. Its elegant a-line shape is flattering yet versatile for everyday wear. You can pair it with heels or one of your favorite boots for that bold modern look.
Verte Mode Sustainability Rating: We give this smart looking skirt a 6 out of 6. It is made from GOTS certified organic cotton, each shipment’s carbon is offset with purchases from Grassroots. It is shipped with plantable seed paper hang tags, FSC certified tissue, and recyclable cardboard box. We love the fact that its women owned and operated too!
Verte Mode Sustainability Rating: We give this comfy but stylish sweatshirt a 6 out of 6. It's made from 100% organic cotton, created by a company that has made a commitment on making a positive impact on our environment and uses only the highest quality materials. That is something that we can get comfortable with for sure!
Verte Mode Sustainability Rating: We give this on point sports bra a 6 out of 6. It's made of eco-friendly materials, made of recycled polyamide, OEKO-TEX® certified and the packaging box is made out of recycled paper
- This buttery soft and breathable boyshort underwear embraces your natural shape and is comfortable to wear all day. It is luxuriously soft, made of light-weight fibers that are skin friendly, stretchy, and feels great on your skin. Did we mention that it has a rich color that does not fade? Now that is something we can fully embrace!
Verte Mode Sustainability Rating: We give these amazing boyshort underwear a 6 out of 6. It is made of naturally moisture wicking without chemicals. The natural porous fibers allow it to breathe which keep you cool in the heat and warm in the winter.
Verte Mode Sustainability Rating: We give these french terry crew necks a 6 out of 6. They are made from 100% pima cotton and are preshrunk. They are shipped in biodegradable mailer and the company utilizes small female owned manufacturers with WRAP certification. It will surely make your child tres chic when wearing one of these crews.
Verte Mode Sustainability Rating: We give Leena and Lu a 6 out 6. Their products are made of 100% GOTS Certified Organic Peruvian Pima Cotton. This means it is made of the highest quality cotton available. Those long silky fibers certainly play a major part for the softness that you feel.
7. Made by VOZ- Made by VOZ is yet another ethical fashion company whose mission is to “protect the livelihoods, well-being, and cultural values of indigenous women globally.” While shopping VOZ you are empowering artisans and supporting traditional art forms. It’s important we continue to support these art forms because they represent authenticity and beauty.
Verte Mode Sustainability Rating: We give Made by VOZ a 6 out of 6. Their dresses are made of 100% cupro which is a by-product of cotton production so that makes it technically a recycled textile. It is also plant-based which makes it cruelty free unlike silk that comes from silkworms.
8.Paneros-Panero genuinely cares about their customers and wants to make sure when shopping with them, they meet ethical standards while helping us continue to only choose clothes that are sustainable and eco- friendly. They provide high quality and sustainable pieces to make sure you are still dressing fashionable while also remaining sustainable.
Verte Mode Sustainability Rating: We give Paneros clothing brand a 6 out of 6. They are handcrafted from high-quality sustainable fabrics certified Oeko Tex Standard 100. Their cardigans are “ethically handcrafted in Bali using the softest quality cotton yarn and made in small batches.”
9. The Waight- What I find intriguing about The Weight brand is the founder actually used to be a fast fashion gal herself! Once she realized all the waste and how unsustainable the industry is, she created a sustainable and ethical clothing brand. The comfortable loungewear is made in small batches to reduce waste and is made out of natural and organic materials.
Verte Mode Sustainability Rating: We give The Waight a 6 out of 6. Their products are made of 100% organic cotton and a pre-order business model and small batch production which reduces waste. All the materials they use are natural, organic and super comfortable to wear!
10. ZEROBARRACENTO- This Italian based clothing brand wants to restructure the ways of the fashion industry by providing longevity using seasonless garments. Their name itself represents ZERO waste and CENTO% meaning 100% of the quality is made in Italy with sustainable products and transparency with the production.
Verte Mode Sustainability Rating: We give ZEROBARRACENTO a 6 out of 6. We love the fact that they use high quality materials that “have been designed making use of the distinctive zero-waste technique. Now that’s amore!
- Avani Apparel uses 100% sustainable materials for their clothing like tencel, avoiding the use of cotton and other non-biodegradable materials. Their pants are made of natural materials that are both breathable and comfortable for the skin. They have more than just pants, they have beautifully designed tops and jeans too!
11. Avani Apparel
Verte Mode Sustainability Rating: We give Avani Apparel a 6 out of 6. Their goal is to minimize their carbon footprint and to protect our planet from waste materials. Their products are made in France by women with unique talents, “who share our commitment to sustainability and attention to detail.” Now for that we say merci beaucoup!
12. Discreture- We all know that when choosing undergarments we look for certain things like comfort and quality but do we really think about if it is made ethically? Discreature not only provides high quality and comfortable undergarments to wear but they are also sustainable. They limit the amount of synthetic materials fused into their fabric so the health of their customers AND the planet are better than ever. Their organic cotton is ensured to be made without toxins, pesticides, and fertilizers.
Verte Mode Sustainability Rating: We give these comfortable and ethical underwear a 6 out of 6. Underwear is the most intimate garment we use on a daily basis. It's comforting to know that Discreture uses organic cotton that is free of toxins, pesticides, and fertilizers.
13. Easy Sundays- Easy Sundays is female owned (Yes! To women empowerment!) Their products are described as soft and breathable especially their Easy Sunday Fleece which can be worn in the comforts of your couch or out and about with nature.
Verte Mode Sustainability Rating: We give Easy Sunday a 6 out of 6. Its women-owned, produce their clothing in small batches and they use free carbon neutral shipping. Their mission of helping women prioritize their mental-being. They accomplish this by providing resources and products for women that “help them take better care of themselves and the planet.”
14. La Femme Aperro- This chic brand provides their customers with fashionable and trending clothing that is high quality so you can use for many years to come. La Femme Aperro are committed to ethical manufacturing practices, they do this by working with a women owned factory in Turkey. All their fabrics are sourced locally and they produce in small batches to reduce their carbon footprint. Once delivered to your door, you will find the packaging is recyclable and compostable.
Verte Mode Sustainability Rating: We give this chic and fashionable brand a 6 out of 6. Their commitment to ethical practices and working with a women owned factory plus locally sourced materials is a win win for us!
15. SEAAV Athletics- Calling all athletic wear lovers! Instead of drinking out of plastic bottles, you wear them. SEEAV is helping our planet by cleaning one pound of plastic from the shorelines with every purchase made. Even their textiles are made from recycled materials in their Indonesia facility and all their packaging is sustainable. What more can you want?!
Verte Mode Sustainability Rating: We give this wearable plastic a 6 out of 6. What a way to recycle plastic bottles that have been accumulating in dumpsites or floating in our oceans. We love how they donate 1% of their profits to We The Reef!
Here's to a sustainable (and stylish) 2023!
About Us- At Verte Mode & Magazine, our mission is to empower customers with the ability to make informed, sustainable choices. We provide a trusted eCommerce platform for purchasing products and services that are not only safe and cruelty-free, but also meet high standards for sustainability.
To ensure that you can shop with confidence, we evaluate brands using six comprehensive metrics, drawing from verified sources and presenting the information in an easy-to-understand rating system, complete with icons indicating a product's sustainability attributes.
Our standards cover everything from sustainable materials and fair labor practices, to safe ingredients and environmentally-friendly packaging. Brands that truly stand out for their sustainable attributes will be honored with additional recognition on our platform. Shop with Verte Mode, and make a positive impact on the world with every purchase.
Imagine the difference we can make if we all shopped & lived a little greener?