The 2023 Met Gala, which took place on May 1st, showcased some stunning sustainable fashion looks that proved eco-friendly fashion can be just as glamorous and stylish as traditional fashion. Here are the eight most sustainable looks at the 2023 Met Gala:
2. Maya Penn and Gabriella Karefa-Johnson's Coachtopia Gowns Maya Penn and Gabriella Karefa-Johnson wore Coachtopia gowns made from recycled materials from the Met. The Coach team went through the trash of the Met museum to find recycled pieces of material for the dresses. These gowns highlighted the importance of circular fashion and showed that recycled materials can be used to create beautiful and fashionable clothing.
3. Quannah Chasinghorse's Prabal Gurung Gown Quannah Chasinghorse wore a gorgeous gown by sustainable designer Prabal Gurung, as well as jewelry made by Rubia Joy. This sustainable look proved that sustainability and style can go hand-in-hand.
4. Alia Bhatt's Prabal Gurung Gown Alia Bhatt walked the carpet with sustainable designer Prabal Gurung, showcasing a gorgeous pearl gown. Gurung’s designs were also worn by Rita Ora, Quinta Brunson, and Anok Yai.
5. Aubrey Plaza's Stella McCartney Gown Aubrey Plaza attended alongside one of our favorite sustainable designers, Stella McCartney. Her gown was designed by Stella McCartney, who is known for her commitment to ethical and sustainable fashion.
6. Actress, Met Gala co-chair, and Chanel ambassador Penelope Cruz wore a vintage Chanel couture gown from 1988.
7. Singer and Met Gala co-chair Dua Lipa wore an archival bridal gown from Chanel’s Fall Winter 1992 collection.
The sustainable looks at the 2023 Met Gala proved that sustainable fashion is not a trend, but it is the future of fashion. By supporting sustainable designers and buying clothing that will last for years, we can all do our part in reducing the impact on our planet. Let's continue to promote sustainable fashion and support sustainable designers.